On December 6, 1948 a petition was issued to the Grand Board of Directors of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. for permission and authority to establish an alumni chapter in the city of Austin, TX, signed by Marcellus J. Anderson, James L. Dickey MD, James M Holloway MD, Walter L. Scourton, Edward L. Roberts MD, Emory W.Hines, and James H. Morton.
On January 28, 1949 a response was received notifying these men that the petition was approved at the 38th annual Grand Chapter meeting of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. held on December 27, 1948 in Detroit, MI. The Fraternity charged the Grand Polemarch, Grand Keeper of Records and Exchequer, and the Grand Strategus to issue a Charter in the name of the Grand Chapter
In adherence to this charge, the Great Seal of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, inc. was affixed to the Charter of the Austin Alumni Chapter on February 12, 1949 and signed by Grand Polemarch J. Ernest Wilkins, Sr., Grand Keeper of Records and Exchequer J. Ernest Wilkins, Jr., and Grand Strategus James R. Moody.
Since its Charter, the Austin Alumni Chapter has been a stallworth organization in the Austin community, upholding the tenets and objectives of the Fraternity by performing civil and community targeted events, and promoting the spiritual and moral welfare of its chapter members.